On Tue, Feb 10, 1998 at 07:29:52PM +0100, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> Ok, the particular problem you have is that the WML_GEN_REALNAME variable
> couldn't we determined correctly by the "wml" frontend.  This is your name
> which should be available through ``(getpwuid($<)){6]'' in Perl. Perhaps you
> are using NIS, AFS or some other mechanism which leads to no result here.  As
> a workaround you can apply the following patch to wml_frontend/wml.src.  It
> makes sure that these variables at least hold some content.

Err, thanks and sorry for bothering you with this stupid problem. Once i
understanded what is WML_GEN_REALNAME, i realised what was the
(again screenshot ;-)
	[vang@zeus]:~ $ chfn
	Changing finger information for vang.
	Name []:

My name was not set in /etc/passwd (because i reinstalled recently the
operating system...).

Thanks and sorry again, next time i will RTFM.

Viorel ANGHEL <vang@leader.ro>                "World domination. Fast!"
http://www.pub.ro/~vang/                          (Linus Torvalds)