On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Steve Sizemore wrote:

> configure fails under Irix 6.5.2
> /bin/sh is ksh, which doesn't work.
> Workaround is to use /sbin/bsh, the bourne shell.
> checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) works... no
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables.

Hi Steve,

this bug appears on HP-UX B.10.20 too. The problem is that configure
defines the TMPDIR variable to a temporary directory. The workaround i
used is to replace all occurences of TMPDIR by MYTMPDIR in the top
Could you please tell me if this works for your Irix 6.5.2 too, i do not
have access to this machine.

D. Barbier