Re: Spaces in filnames

Denis Barbier <barbier@imacs.polytechnique.fr> writes:
> And i strongly believe spaces in URI are forbidden too. IIRC Netscape
> will skip everything after the space character.

This is right, but not the (admittedly slightly silly) point I was
making.  I used this as an argument that the restriction on URLs and
filenames are different, you can access the said file as:

This is a perfectly legal URL, and if the server runs under unix it
should know what to do with it.

> So please use standard filenames ;-)

Yes, I know that my example is a case for the obfuscated http contest,
but I still think that an unix utility should be able to cope with
legal unix filenames, if only for thetic reasons.

If you happen to find a simple solution, fix it, but you are right
that it is a contrieved problem of little practical relevance.

Yours, Florian.

+ when hideous hordes of web designers will leave ripped bloodless bodies of
hosts they parasited upon and convulsively start tearing limbs of each other
in agony illuminated by artificial light [...], then we know that time has
come for d|||ze++++ >>>> ....H..L..T...      -- www.absurd.org