Re: [LONG] Re: How to write a paper about WML in WML

Denis Barbier <barbier@imacs.polytechnique.fr> writes:

Hi Denis,

> > I am trying to write an article about WML for an internal journal of
> > our computer center. Of course, I want to publish it on our Web-site
> > as well. This leads to the problem of presenting WML-example code on a
> > WMl-generated page. This leads to some interesting problems with
> > including verbatim code.

> > Ideally, one would like to put some WML example code into an include
> > file and then include it once as verbatim and then a second time after
> > being processed by WML. But I guess that would involve at least
> > processing these include files separately once and then include the
> > resulting .html file verbatim again.
> You guess wrong ;-)

This is one of the rare cases I am glad to hear that ....

> The macros below implement this feature in a one-shot trip. Of
> course, in some cases strange problems may occur.

I knew WML is cool, but I am about to put on my fur coat now!
> The latest has been updated on 20-Aug-1999 and i realize there is
> still a bug. Replace <pass=4-8> by <pass=4-9>, i don't see why i
> didn't protect against the last pass.

Well, I guess it IS time to install 1.7.2 now, I just had hoped I
could wait for 1.7.3

Many thanks and best regards,

Dr. Fritz Zaucker, Head IT Support Group
Department of Electrical Engineering,  Federal Institute of Technology
ETZ J97, Gloriastrasse 35, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Tel.: +41-1-632-5241 Fax: +41-1-632-1194 http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~zaucker/
E-mail: zaucker@ee.ethz.ch (see home page for PGP key)