[Date Index][Thread Index]
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
mirror-sw for uploading (Re: Ouput directory other than source directory)
- From: Jan Holler <nospam@thanx>
- Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 11:01:47 +0200 (CEST)
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 14:51:37 +0200 (MEST), Jan Ulrich Hasecke
> I now installed mirror, but mirror is a download-tool, which can
> also upload, but the whole design is for downloading. So I am
> testing in the moment. Do you know a better tool?
Sorry for the late answer. The tool I use is from
http://www.heise.de/ . But I could not find it again
after your former question.
But you can get it from http://www.inetcom.ch/pub/mirror.zip.
I will leave it there until 20. Oct.
- All documentation is in german.
- Runs on Windows too (is written in perl).
- YOU HAVE to PATCH it as it is described in the docs.
- You need a quite new perl-release.
- ALL FILES include CRs aka ctrl-M !!!
- Test it before you use it.
- It sometimes get stuck into a loop. Break it, and rename
mirror.tmp to mirror.dat.
- You have to wrap it if you want to mirror one single side
to different locations (in a simple shell-script to rename
the config and data-files).
It works best with regular small changes to the site. It
has (at least at my place, and my link is fast) some
timing-problems with complete sites-updates.
Have fun, don't ask any questions since I am away until the
20.10. and anyway I am not the author or the software.
Website META Language (WML) www.engelschall.com/sw/wml/
Official Support Mailing List firstname.lastname@example.org
Automated List Manager email@example.com