Re: Too complex (was: e) or f) : unknown tags parsing)

On Tue, 30 May 2000, Matthias Bernhardt wrote:

> DB> Tobias told me i misunderstood his point, here is some clarification.
> DB> He requested that unknown tags are parsed according to xhtml rules, i.e.
> DB> they are complex unless a trailing slash appears in attributes list,
> DB> [...]
> DB> Could anyone evaluate pros and cons and send feedback?
> I would really like to, but I have to admit that you are taking
> so many things into consideration now, that I just can't follow.

My fault, i pondered these issues for weeks, and am now going too fast.

> Just try to forget what I've added to the discussion up to now,
> find a good solution and write a good documentation at the end,
> which will explain to me and perhaps some other people who focus
> on just several (three or so) Web-techniques, why you've chosen
> what you will have chosen until then (hopefully).

There is documentation in README.mp4h (in top-level source file),
wml_macros(7) and wml_p2_mp4h(1) (available via wmd).

I am not sure whether writing a new paper would be valuable, my opinion
is that current documentation could be sufficient if it was improved, so
any help is welcome.

Denis Barbier
WML Maintainer