Re: [wml] [wml] Problems with quotes, mp4h and ePerl

> On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 12:40:07AM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:

> > In conclusion, it is important to understand these points:
> >  * Quotes are used to group words in tag attributes.
> >  * It is impossible to determine whether double quotes are used to group
> >    words or must be printed on output.  For this reason, they are always
> >    removed from output when in attributes (this is a convention).

> [Fritz, i did not check yesterday how huge your attachment was.
> Please limit posts to this mailing-list to ~10Ko.]

Ok, didn't realize myself ... there wasn't really a reason to send the
whole stuff, except my frustration after 3 hours of trying to find the
problem ...  ;-)

> There may be an alternative, let innermost tag decide if quotes must be
> removed, and outer tags do not suppress remaining quotes.  This is
> performed by the patch below.
> With this patch, wml rebuilds your site (i did not check if it does it
> right).

> I fear there are some side effects, so it needs more testing.
> But if it works, there is no more problems with quotes and ePerl ;-)

This seems indeed to break something else:

/usr/pack/wml-2.0.2-za/bin/wml -n -o ethz.html ethz.wml
ePerl:Error: Perl parsing error (interpreter rc=2)

---- Contents of STDERR channel: ---------
Scalar found where operator expected at /tmp/wml.9786.tmp1.wml line 813, at end of line
        (Missing operator before ?)
syntax error at /tmp/wml.9786.tmp1.wml line 813, near """ $perl_var1 "
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at /tmp/wml.9786.tmp1.wml line 846.

I'll just use the work around you suggested last night. Thanks again
for your help,

Dr. Fritz Zaucker, Head IT Support Group
Department of Electrical Engineering,  Federal Institute of Technology
ETZ J97, Gloriastrasse 35, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Tel.: +41-1-632-5241 Fax: +41-1-632-1194 http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~zaucker/
E-mail: zaucker@ee.ethz.ch (see home page for PGP key)