Re: our wmk/wml broke with perl (5.6.1) upgrade -- help!

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 05:47:30PM +0200, Frederic.Lemouel@irisa.fr wrote:
> Quoting Martin Maechler <maechler@stat.math.ethz.ch>:
> >
> > No, it was different: A colleague here found the solution :
> > actually in the archives of *your* mailing list :
> >
> > 	 http://www.engelschall.com/sw/wml/news/list/msg02290.shtml
> >
> > As soon as we deactivated the LC_ALL environment variable
> > everything worked :
> Hello,
> I also recently (yesterday :-) installed WML on a computer
> with the Mandrake distribution and I had the same problem.
> The desactivation of LC_* environment variables was necessary
> but not sufficient, I also had to desactivate the LANG variable.
> Hopefully helping,

I am unable to reproduce this bug on my box, sorry.
Here is the tail of `perl -V':
     Compile-time options: USE_LARGE_FILES
     Built under linux
     Compiled at Jun 22 2001 18:52:37

The /usr/lib/wml/include/sys/bootp3.wml file contains
      unshift @INC, qw(
and IO shared object is located at

Could you compare these values to yours?

Denis Barbier
WML Maintainer