Re: Compiling WML with Perl5.6

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 12:39:08PM +0000, Chris Ebenezer wrote:
> I have tracked down the problem.  In p3_eperl, the script eperl_perl5_sm.pl
> generates the following define when run.
> newXS("DynaLoader::boot_DynaLoader", boot_DynaLoader, file);\
> newXS("attrs::bootstrap", boot_attrs, file);\
> newXS("re::bootstrap", boot_re, file);
> I take it that this fragment is supposed to load up the dynamic modules on
> which eperl depends.  In my version of perl dynamic support is enabled, but
> both the attrs or re modules are staticly linked.
> As soon as I take away the last two lines I am able to compile things
> perfectly.  So it looks like as if modifications to the perl script to
> detect things properly are needed.  Unfortunately, I don't know enough
> about this bit of perl to be able to suggest a fix.

Good catch, problem is then circumvented. These lines are indeed
generated by eperl_perl5_sm.pl, in xsi_body function.  This routine
comes from Extutils/Embed.pm
Could you replace this xsi_body function in eperl_perl5_sm.pl by the one
shipped with your Perl installation and see if it fixes this problem?
If it does, please send this function in order for me to integrate it.

Denis Barbier
WML Maintainer